Sedneth 701 Flare Boom Verification
Rig Name: Sedneth 701
Rig Type: Semi-Submersible
Owner name: Transocean Inc.
Classification Society: ABS
Pertinent code: ABS Modu
Pertinent class rule: ABS Modu
Code design: ASD
Please download PDF version to see 3D model – click here
- Project description
- Sedneth 701 required flaring off gas via flare boom and burner heads during flowing of the well. EXPRO was selected to carry out this work and furnished a new 60 feet boom to allow for this operation to take place. Assessment of the existing and revised system, are addressed in 5 stages as follows:
addressing new structural setup showing the high stress area out with code allowable.
addressing the method to strengthen the high stress member to within code allowable.
detailed assessment of foundation plate at EXPRO pivot plate interface.
addressing detailed connection at deck and elevator house interface.
addressing detailed main deck plating that assist King Post foundation and connection to elevator house.
- R.E. Scope of work
- Rig Engineering (RE) was tasked to assist with following stages:
1) To assist with rigging arrangement and mounting of the EXPRO foundation plate to rig side.
2) To do strength verification to qualify the set up and check adequacy of the structure to deck to receive the new loading regime provided by EXPRO.
3) Where required and warranted, generate strengthening / fabrication drawings to allow for the implementation of the new system.
4) General ad hoc assistance on material, welding procedure and change out of wire rope replacement to hard pipe with clevis end connections.
- Engagement Condition
- Upload your problem to us and give us relevant input to allow us to resolve your problem, we will need:
1. As built of structure to create 3D FEA model.
2. Static and environmental loads of rig.
3. Details information about new flare boom installation.