Paul B. Loyd Junior – BOP frame modification
Rig Name: Paul B. Loyd Junior
Rig Type: semi-submersible
Owner name: Transocean Ltd.
Classification Society: DNV
Code design: ASD (WSD method)
Please download PDF version to see 3D model – click here
- Project description
- Rig Engineering (RE) was tasked by Transocean Inc. (TOI) to undertake and provide all the necessary engineering and design services to redesign a new receiver plate for BOP in readiness for 2010 Shipyard. This new plate is required to accommodate new mini collet choke and kill stabs, improve load sharing between the upper and lower bucket framings and allow for the annular to be extracted from the top side of receiver plate instead of existing bottom entry and exit.
- R.E. Scope of work
Confirmatory site survey of existing construction was done to establish as built of the receiver plate against those in subsea manual ahead of following tasks below. These were:
1) Additional modification was done on the new receiver plate to allow for the Cameron Iron Work (CIW) annular BOP to be pull through the central opening on the top part of the receiver plate.
2) To provide provision on the receiver plate to receive CIW mini collet connectors replacing existing choke and kill stab on the receiver and stab plates.
3) Provide a full set of revised BOP drawings conforming to TOI standards showing stacked up height of BOP and general description.New arrangement of frame and structural supporting system construction of the BOP was also provided.
- Engagement Condition
Upload your problem to us and give us relevant input to allow us to resolve your problem, we will need:
1. As-built drawings to create 3D model
2. Weight and centre of gravity of BOP components.