Trident IX Global Strength Analysis
Rig Name: Trident IX
Rig Type: Jack-up
Owner name: Transocean
Classification Society: ABS
Pertinent code: SNAME
Code design: ASD
Please download PDF version to see 3D model – click here
- Project description
- Jack-up global strength analysis was prepared to demonstrate that after accounting for wasted areas the jack-up hull is structurally adequate to withstand the maximum survival for the environmental criteria noted in the Operating Manual.
- R.E. Scope of work
- was to prepare stress analysis of hull structure for survival storm conditions and compare results between as-built plate thicknesses and wasted plate thicknesses (15 % less). The main plating (main deck, bottom deck, side shell, internal BHD, stiffeners and beams) was also checked per applicable ABS minimum scantling requirements.
- Engagement Conditions
- Upload your problem to us and give us relevant input to allow us to resolve your problem, we will need:
1. As built drawings to create 3D model.
2. Static and environmental loads.
3. Wasted area of structural elements.